孙逊 Sun Xun
吾本有一志，图建魔术师党是也。与其遍地龌龊，不如吾独立一党。少倾存念之间， 魔术师党已然奔走国事三十余载，精诚无间，百折而不回，现实之威力所不能屈， 穷途之困苦所不能挠。党志所向，一往无前，愈挫愈勇，再接再厉，用能鼓动风潮、 造成时势，卒赖世人心之倾向，仁人志士之襄赞，乃得还原本初，更近人心之本源。
这是一个浓缩的历史，古往今来任何国家莫不如此，任何政治理想莫不如此，任何不可告人或婉转示人的政治秘密亦莫不如此 : 斯民没于荒草，王侯将相没于荒草，政治主义亦没于荒草。
Jing Bang: Vision of a Divine Land
I have drawn up a plan to set up a Magician Party. Rather than seeing the filthy and despicable in ltrate the land, I would rather build just a single party. In the short time since I conceived the idea, the Magician Party has been busy preparing for the building of the state for more than three decades with great flair and integrity. It does not yield to the oppressive forces of reality, and remains undaunted in the face of difficulties posed by dire circumstances. Onward it marches, becoming tougher and stronger with each setback, remaining steadfast in keeping up the good work, which inspires and in uences the trend of events. It wins the hearts of people and earns praise from benevolent members of society, succeeding eventually to restore what is original, which is something closer to the true nature of the human heart.
No one escaped the wrath of typhoon ‘Alibuna’ when it wrecked havoc on China. I too was tossed up to the peak at the 49th level of the heavenly realm. When I woke up, I found myself in a warm and beautiful place surrounded by lush foliage and unsullied by dirt and dust. The people in this land are kind-hearted and upright in their conduct; most of them are from the same race and culture as me. Sometimes we nd Malays and Indians among them, and also Caucasians with sharp noses, green eyes and hair of various colours.
As I reflect on the vast disparities and unsatisfactory conditions that plague the real world, an idea to build a new nation dawned upon me. I shall call this new nation the Experimental Republic of Jing Bang. This transient republic, endowed with a new and independent spirit, is not birthed from a violent revolution, neither is it a means to attain ethnic independence nor motivated by any religious agenda. It is created serendipitously, in an unencumbered fashion. The transient republic of Jing Bang does not advocate any political beliefs, which it considers bullshit. Come to think of it, these things don’t matter anymore to a person who lives to a hundred years old, does it?
There will only be one party in the Republic of Jing Bang–the Magician’s Party. It is the only party in the world where telling lies is legally acceptable. Truth be told, no one will know if the so-called lies of the Magicians are really falsehoods or truths. The idea of governance of the Magician Party can be darker than black or purer than white; no one can easily discern its true colours.
The Republic of Jing Bang shares a common vision with countries that started off advocating republicanism and democracy, such as the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. But unlike many countries, the Republic of Jing Bang, which has an extremely short lifespan, will never deviate from idealism and truth. It does not have a political direction, and even if it has, it is an extremely simplistic one. Mainland China is the main source of reference when constituting the backdrop of the Republic of Jing Bang, although it will also refer to and integrate elements from other current entities in the world.
This country is very much like a mirror of the world; it not only simulates reality, it also questions it. The Republic of Jing Bang exists for only six weeks before instantly becoming a fable and a part of human history, just like the State of Manchuria, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and Yugoslavia.
The Republic of Jing Bang is not merely a fleeting mirage; it is also ‘premeditated history’. If history is a big lie, then the Republic of Jing Bang uses one lie to intercept another lie. The Republic is also like a country built upon the back of a whale; it starts to exist as soon as the whale leaps out of the water, and disappears the moment it dives back under.
Herein lies a microcosm of history, with all countries past and present, all political ideals and all political secrets (be it tightly-sealed or subtly conveyed ones) eventually ending up the same way: they will die, together with the ordinary folks, the nobility and rulers as well as their political doctrines, and be buried by the wild grass.
Laws of the Experimental Republic of Jing Bang
1. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang is a temporary republic that exists on earth for only six weeks;
2. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang is governed by the Magician Party, which is the only political party that has the legal right to tell lies;
3. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang has no land of its own. It borrows a piece of land from the Singapore Government for six weeks to build its nation. After six weeks, it will return the land back. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang will try its best to gain recognition from the Singaporean Government;
4. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang will maintain permanent friendly ties with Singapore;
5. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang does not have armed forces such as the military or the police, but is solely dependent on the Singapore Armed Forces for protection;
6. The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang will recruit its own citizens within the duration of the six weeks of its existence in order to make this country a reality. At the end of the six weeks, these citizens will eventually become adherents of this country;
7. The only criteria to become a citizen of The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang is this: never tell the truth as long as you are a citizen of The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang;
8. The first and foremost thing is to ensure that its citizens truly believe that The Experimental Republic of Jing Bang is the ideal state on earth, where all forms of political doctrines and colonialism are rejected, be it externally or internally imposed;
9. All races are to be treated equally, without differentiating between black, white, red, yellow or brown, so as to uphold the first universal principle of integration across races;
10. Citizens from Jing Bang should understand the real purpose behind telling lies, as well as the concept behind magic, and even after the Republic ceased to exist, its citizens should continue to promote these values;
11. The first magician in the world will become the permanent Chief Executive of Jing Bang, a position equivalent to the president of the Republic.
孙逊，1980年出生于辽宁阜新。中国 80 后新媒体艺术家，擅长运用水墨、油画、色粉等绘画形式在各种媒材上创作手绘动画。为第一届艺术与设计大奖赛候选人。自 2003 年以来，他多次参加国际重要展事和电影节，2010 年获得 CCAA 奖最佳年轻艺术家奖。
Sun Xun, born in 1980 in Fuxin, Liaoning. Sun Xun studied printmaking at the China Academy of Fine Arts, and founded Pi animation studio in 2006. In 2010 he was awarded the Best Young Artists award by the CCAA, the Young Art Award by Taiwan Contemporary Art Link and the Arts Fellowship by Citivella Ranieri Foundation (Italy).